Full Time Health Technician (Acupuncturist)
The Health Technician (Acupuncturist) will be assigned to the Anesthesiology Service within the Department of Veterans Affairs Boston Healthcare System, Jamaica Plain, Massachusetts. Duties include but may not be limited to the following:
- Performs a variety of administrative and acupuncture tasks within a pain clinic.
- Performs Auricular, hand, nose, face, foot and/or scalp acupuncture therapy, using a variety of pre-sterilized, single-use, filiform needles, and is the technical expert in the operation and maintenance of specialized equipment.
- Performs stimulation to acupuncture points and channels by the use of needles, moxibustion, cupping, thermal methods, magnets, electronic wave therapy, lasers, etc.
- Performs manual stimulation, including stimulation by an instrument or mechanical device that does not pierce the skin, massage, acupressure, reflexology, Shiatsu and tui nia.
- Performs acupuncture diagnostic technique that includes but is not limited to the use of observation, listening, smelling, inquiring, palpation, pulses, etc.
- Recommends breathing techniques, and therapeutic exercises, as well as lifestyle, behavioral, supportive, educational and stress counseling.
- Teaches and performs research in the field of acupuncture.
- Performs other duties as required.
How to ApplyTo apply for this position, you must complete the online application and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below, as appropriate. The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on 05/15/2017 to receive consideration. It is your responsibility to ensure your responses and appropriate documentation is submitted prior to the closing date. To begin, click Apply Online to to create a USAJOBS account or log in to your existing account. Follow the prompts to select your USAJOBS resume and/or other supporting documents. You will be taken to an online application. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation, and click to submit your application. You will receive an email notification when your application has been received for the announcement. To return to an incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account, click Update Application for this announcement. You must re-select your resume and/or other documents from your USAJOBS account or your application will be incomplete. View assessment questionnaire: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10010326~ To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account, https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login, select the Application Status link, then select the More Information link for this position. The Application Status page will display the status of your application, the documentation received and processed, and your responses submitted to the online application. Note, your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
706 total views, 1 today